Re: summer reading

From: farah mendlesohn (fm7@YORK.AC.UK)
Date: Thu May 15 1997 - 07:37:07 PDT

On Wed, 14 May 1997 16:21:52 -0400 Joel VanLaven wrote:
> Ouch. I can't imagine what it would have been like to be stuck in a
car
> for hours without being able to read

I have two vivid memories re reading on holiday. One is of reading
my way around Ireland as my mother complained bitterly about all
the lovely scenery I was missing, and the second when my father
took me on holiday (the one and only time) and afterwards said that
in future he would leave me in a library for a week with a sleeping
bag and a camper stove.

Sounded good then, sounds good now.

Farah