Re: summer reading

From: Sheryl Curtis (maddog@INFOBAHNOS.COM)
Date: Wed May 14 1997 - 19:52:28 PDT

>Aw, you got to read in the car?!?! No fair -- I had motion sickness.
>(Semi-graphic comment ahead) I still can't drink cola beverages 'cause the
>taste makes me think of the coke syrup my mom gave me for car sickness.
>
>However, I had an isolated room and was able to read late into the night
>with a regular reading lamp! Too bad I have such poor vision anyway. I
>probably ruined it by sneaking out my door and reading in the strawberry
>patch in the moonlight. Best book I ever read out there: _A Wrinkle in
>Time_.
>Best book to reread every summer: _Seven Day Magic_ by Edward Eager.
>
>Gotta go find that one now. And Nesbit's _Enchanted Castle_. And Norton's
>_Steel Magic_. And...

I never got to read in the car because of motion sickness (but I always had
a window seat, eh?). I never had a room of my own until I moved out from
home. But reading was a big thing when I grew up and Christmas and birthday
presents were always books. _A Wrinkle in Time_ is the first book I read
that I can actually remember the title of and I can hardly wait until my
kids read English well enough (they go to French school here and start
reading English in Grade 4) so I can give it to them. As for the other
three books, I'll have to look them up.

Sher
Montreal, Quebec