Re: Sheri Tepper, and problems with the Arbai Trilogy.

From: Allen Briggs (briggs@PUMA.MACBSD.COM)
Date: Tue Jun 24 1997 - 04:57:09 PDT

> First, I want to say I am a BIG Tepper fan.

Me too, although not to the degree you are. :-)
I read Sideshow first, then Grass, then re-read Grass, read Raising the
Stones, then re-read Sideshow (and read other novels in between). I
have collected, but not yet read, several of her mysteries.

Anyway, I hope that I can phrase this reply to your post well enough to
avoid spoilers...

If I recall correctly, the Arbai device was created after the Arbai were
on Grass--perhaps as a result of their contact with Grass. I don't think
the device is present in/on Grass at all. Do you have a reference that
contradicts that?

Pax,
-allen

--