Re: midnight feasts

From: farah mendlesohn (fm7@YORK.AC.UK)
Date: Sun May 18 1997 - 09:43:05 PDT

On Fri, 16 May 1997 13:01:54 -0400 Nicola Griffith wrote:

> Nalo, I know what you mean about those English schoolgirl books.
I devoured
> Angela Brazil books (and the rest of that genre)...but not until I was
an
> adult. Fabulous lesbian subtext.
>
> Nicola

There is a wonderful book by Rosemary Auchmuchtie the title of
which I unfortunately forget looking at the appeal of girls' school
stories to feminists. It was particularly interesting in that she
highlighted their "colonial" appeal.

I liked the books because they were the very few adventures that I
did not have to share with boys.
Farah