Re: All-Female Societies

From: Joel VanLaven (jvl@OCSYSTEMS.COM)
Date: Sun Jun 01 1997 - 08:50:04 PDT

On Sat, 31 May 1997, Pamela Bedore wrote:
[snip]
> I just read Leona Gom's -The Y Chromosome- and found it fascinating. I'm
> interested in reading other novels or papers (not necessarily sci fi)
> dealing with all-female societies.
>
> Any ideas?

Don't forget Joan Slonckzewski's _A Door Into Ocean_ (I apologize if I
misspelled her name)
It is a far-future sci-fi novel about a struggle between a pacifist
all-female society and a "normal" militaristic society like ours. I
particulary liked the biological explanation of their reproduction.

Also, Marion Zimmer Bradley's _The Firebrand_, a historical fantasy (like
_The Mists of Avalon_) has a stretch among the Amazons, so if you read all
of the others, you might try it.

-- Joel VanLaven