Re: Meg's character (Wrinkle in Time, etc.)

From: Janice E. Dawley (jdawley@TOGETHER.NET)
Date: Sun Jun 01 1997 - 12:45:17 PDT

At 11:34 AM 6/1/97 -0400, Joel VanLaven wrote:
> On the other hand, LeGuin does seem to take hetero-sexual love,
>marriage, and parenthood as the be-all and end-all of human existance. It
>seems like that is the climax and resolution of all of her stories. Much
>of the conflict is dealing with not having that. Once that conflict is
>resolved, there isn't anything to write about.
>
> Of course I haven't read nearly all of her books either and am making
>wild leaps of conjecture, but somewhere in there those were the feelings I
>got.

Eh? Did you just slip and write "LeGuin" instead of "L'Engle"? Wouldn't
want to bother writing a rebuttal if it was just a typo.

-----
Janice E. Dawley.....Burlington, VT
http://homepages.together.net/~jdawley/jedhome.htm
Listening to: Loop Guru, Duniya; Shonen Knife, Brand New Knife
"...the public and the private worlds are inseparably connected;
the tyrannies and servilities of the one are the tyrannies and
servilities of the other." Virginia Woolf, Three Guineas