Re[2]: Topics of curiosity (was: yes, list is still here!)

From: CMUNSON (CMUNSON@AAAS.ORG)
Date: Tue Jun 10 1997 - 13:27:18 PDT

Subject: Re: Topics of curiosity (was: yes, list is still here!)
Author: Susan Marie Groppi <groppi@HCS.HARVARD.EDU> at Internet
Date: 6/10/97 1:47 PM

     Susan wrote:
>Or feminism on Babylon 5... I'm fascinated by the changes we've seen in
>Delenn, who I've considered something of a role model for feminism on
>television.

    First of all, let me make some recommendations for summer reading. Right now
    I'm reading Le Guin's *Four Ways to Forgiveness* and would heartily
    recommend it. In fact, I wouldn't mind seeing a discussion in this forum.

    Some books relevant to this list that I've read and recommend:

    Marge Piercy: *He, She and It* and *Woman on the Edge of Time*
    Joan Slonczewski: *Door Into Ocean* (I can't recommend Daughter of Elysium)

    I'd also like to see a discussion of feminism on Babylon 5. I run a web site
    on B5 called The Bab5 Zone
    <http://www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/1672/bab5.html>

    I also run a tiny list on Babylon 5 and anarchy. Contact me for more
    details.

    So what do people think about Ivanova's character? Compared to Captain
    Janeway or Major Kira?

    Chuck0