Ivanova

From: Bonnie Gray (bgray@ECE.UCDAVIS.EDU)
Date: Wed Jun 11 1997 - 17:19:12 PDT

Gabby wrote:

Am I the only one who hoped, upon hearing rumors that Ivanova was going
to have a love interest, that she would end up with Lyta? Just think.
Two telepaths on the run from Psicorp. They'd be perfect! I was so mad
when they brought Marcus on. Happily that affair seems to be going nowhere.
Ivanova doesn't need a hero. She is a hero. Lyta, on the other hand, is in
a tough situation and could use some support. Which brings me to an
observation/question. Potential love affair aside, why don't we ever see
these two women interact? Ivanova _must_ have some feelings about Lyta's
situation. Considering her reaction to Talia (& to Bester & other Psicorp
people), I can't believe she feels nothing. In fact, the fact that
Ivanova is a latent telepath has hardly been touched on at all this
season.

Gabby

     Yes, I, too find it strange that her latent telepathic
abilities have "disappeared", especially considering some of the
telepathic comings and goings of this season.

     Here's another question that has bothered me for some time
about both B5 and DS9: the "affair" with a woman Dax had awhile
ago, and the allusions to an affair between Ivanova and Talia.
(Although the Dax host was male when Dax first met the woman,
as I recall, and they leave the whole Ivanova/Talia thing
up in the air on purpose; I have always assumed they were
just very close friends until told otherwise). My question is,
what are the chances there would ever be a gay/bi affair between
two MEN on either DS9 or B5? Very slim, I'm sure. Any
thoughts on that?

Thanks!
Bonnie