Re: Topics of curiosity (was: yes, list is still here!)

From: SMCharnas (suzych@HIGHFIBER.COM)
Date: Thu Jun 12 1997 - 09:05:07 PDT

At 8:54 AM 6/11/97, farah mendlesohn wrote:

>The problem with liberalism (and with liberal feminism) is that
>underneath it all is the belief that if x can make it so can y, even if x
>had all the advantages bequeathed by privilige.

Funny. I thought that was classic *Conservatism*, as articulated (usually,
in the States) by rich people. Liberalism, as I know it anyway, holds
that precisely on account of the advantages of x, it is to the benefit of
the entire society if the government provides some form of advantage
to y so as to create some semblance of a level playing field for all.

SMCharnas