Re: topics of curiosity (Trek)

From: HScott/PAronoff (alterego@ROCLER.QC.CA)
Date: Thu Jun 12 1997 - 07:32:27 PDT

At 05:04 PM 11/6/97 +0000, you wrote:
> > What about Dax?
>
>Dax is my hero(ine). I think it's the wonderful blend of
>feminine/masculine/wholistic qualities she embodies. She wrestles
>before breakfast with 200-pound aliens, can hold her own on a Klingon
>warship, is a cultural scholar and scientist; she is sensitive,
>savvy and beautiful. (plus she has those elegant Trill markings)
>
>I definitely aspire to be more like Dax....
>
>-Valerie

I agree. I think she's the strongest female character of all the Trek
series. She's a symbiotic creature, however, so the unfortunate implication
is that she draws much of her strength from her past male lives.

On the other hand, maybe the message is more positive, i.e. that we could
all grow by spending time in female bodies and in male bodies.

Am I opening a whole new can of worms? (or Trills?)

Howard (in a male body as long as I can remember)

Scott & Aronoff Translation & Editorial Services
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
alterego@rocler.qc.ca