Re: Re[2]: Topics of curiosity (was: yes, list is still here

From: Denise Borgen (borgen@ESKIMO.COM)
Date: Wed Jun 11 1997 - 20:09:59 PDT

On Wed, 11 Jun 1997, Gabrielle Bate wrote:

> >From: IN%"FEMINISTSF@LISTSERV.UIC.EDU" "For discussion of feminist SF, fantastic & utopian literature"
> >To: FEMINISTSF@LISTSERV.UIC.EDU
> >Subject: Re: Re[2]: Topics of curiosity (was: yes, list is still here!)
> >
> >On Tue, 10 Jun 1997 17:03:14 -0700 Bonnie Gray wrote:
> > one of these
> >> days I would like to see Marcus get called out of bed in his lingerie
> >> instead of Ivanova. :)
> >>
> >> Bonnie
> >

> >OK, so we haven't seen series 4 in the UK yet, but please, tell me
> >that Ivanova has *not* gone to bed with that ill-behaved puppy!
> >
> >Farah
>
> Am I the only one who hoped, upon hearing rumors that Ivanova was going
> to have a love interest, that she would end up with Lyta? Just think.
> Two telepaths on the run from Psicorp. They'd be perfect! I was so mad
> when they brought Marcus on. Happily that affair seems to be going nowhere.
> Ivanova doesn't need a hero. She is a hero. Lyta, on the other hand, is in
> a tough situation and could use some support. Which brings me to an
> observation/question. Potential love affair aside, why don't we ever see
> these two women interact? Ivanova _must_ have some feelings about Lyta's
> situation. Considering her reaction to Talia (& to Bester & other Psicorp
> people), I can't believe she feels nothing. In fact, the fact that
> Ivanova is a latent telepath has hardly been touched on at all this
> season.
>
> Gabby

I rather thought that Ivanova was avoiding Lyta, partly because Lyta
reminds her of Talia and partly because of Ivanova's highly conflicted
feelings about her telepathic heritage. As for Marcus, i kind of enjoy
his puppyish attempts to interest Susan, even if they would seem a bad
match.
IMHO of course

~ Between two evils I always pick the one ~
~ I haven't tried before Mae West ~
~ Denise Borgen borgen@eskimo.com ~