Re: SM Charnas on list!

From: SMCharnas (suzych@HIGHFIBER.COM)
Date: Mon Jun 16 1997 - 10:00:31 PDT

At 9:30 AM 6/12/97, Maryelizabeth Hart wrote:
>Welcome to the list Suzy!
>
>If you've been lurking before, I guess this is just a note that I'm pleased
>to see you here!
>
>BTW, is it correct that you are the author of _The Ruby Tear_?

Thanks, nice to be hear; and yep, THE RUBY TEAR is my very own. I badly
needed a break from working on the final Holdfast book (right now on my
other screen, p. 256); and I had an idea about a vampire, and some very
old (now) but fond memories of a spring I spent in San Francisco helping
get a play of mine on its feet; and I went for it.

However, I didn't want anybody to think that (o boy o boy) here was a
sequel to THE VAMPIRE TAPESTRY, by Suzy Charnas; so I picked a nom de
plume for RT, harking back to the family heritage (Jewish) on my mother's
side, which is masked in my own name. I hope to use that same name for
other work in a lighter vein than, say, THE FURIES, and maybe for some
raids into other kinds of fictional territory, even ("Milky" Paws, the cat
detective -- no no, I swear, I won't, really!).

Suzy MC