Re: The Sparrow

From: Berni Phillips (bernip@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Mon Jun 30 1997 - 11:56:19 PDT

Ruth Ann Jones wrote:

> I believe Russell said the scheduled pub date for _Children of God_ is
> March 1998, and I'm pretty sure she said the book centers around a return
> trip to Rahkat but I'm not positive. She read an excerpt from an early

I'm sure there's a return trip to Rakhat. Why? Several times in _The
Sparrow_, she tells of the Jesuit who preached to the American Indians
(I forget which tribe), was tortured, returned to Europe, and then came
back to America, where he was eventually tortured to death. I'm betting
this is a set up for Emilio's return.

Berni Phillips