Re: So who is on this list?

From: Nicole Youngman (NYOUNGMAN@aol.com)
Date: Sat Jul 05 1997 - 09:28:02 PDT

Hello all--

Guess I'll de-lurk for a quick intro as well. I'm a perpetual grad
student--one MA in Women's Studies and working on another in sociology. I'm
currently working part-time in a bookstore where I'm more or less the person
entrusted with the SF section. ;-)

> Our editor wants one more review, and I'd like to do another
> distinctly feminist work. Suggestions?

How about Starhawk's new one, _Walking to Mercury_? I just finished it a
couple of weeks ago. It's a prequel to _The Fifth Sacred Thing_. I liked the
first one better--_Mercury_ has times where she seemed to say "Okay, insert
feminist diatribe here," (Not that I don't totally agree with them, however
;-)) but it's definately a worthwhile read.

Nicole