Piers Anthony

From: Maryelizabeth Hart (mystgalaxy@AX.COM)
Date: Sat Jul 05 1997 - 20:15:18 PDT

Hope wrote in part:

> I've loved science fiction since (and this is embarassing
>to me now!) my best friend in seventh grade turned me on to... <whisper>
>Piers Anthony. I read all of the Apprentice Adept books that were out at the
>time, found Isaac Asimov's Science Fiction Magazine (to which I still
>subscribe and devour every month), and through that magazine, slowly, I found
>women writers that I began to actively seek out. The brand of sf that I like
>best isn't necessarily "hard" or "soft" (we had this discussion, I know) but
>is about the human condition. SF, to me, is an exploration of what makes us
>human, even when our surroundings, culture, physiology, etc. is vastly
>different.

a) I had been reading SF for a while when I was introduced to Anthony in
the early 80's, but actully, I think a lot of readers of our generation
probably tried him then. And at least that was when he was writing
reasonably well.

b) Thanks for talking about the kind of SF that I like much more
articulately than I could!

Maryelizabeth
Mysterious Galaxy 619-268-4747
3904 Convoy St, #107 800-811-4747