Mars

From: Michelle Kendrick (kendrick@VANCOUVER.WSU.EDU)
Date: Tue Jul 08 1997 - 15:07:55 PDT

Hi all,

I am beginning research that will culminate in a CD-ROM on Mars
(that's the topic, not the location :-). It will be on the science and
science fiction of Mars -- using interviews with both practicing
scientist who are working on the Mars projects and with writers who use
Mars in their sci-fi works. (for instance, I interview Robinson at the
end of the month). We are interested in exploring Mars as a cultural
artifact -- exploring the powerful mythos and the scientific discourse...

I have no women yet in the loop, which is depressing me... Is there anyone
who uses Mars in their work in interesting ways?

Help, I don't wanna work with just boys :-{. (tho I do have a woman
meteorologists who studies the weather on Mars who just agreed to talk to
me).

Michelle

Michelle R. Kendrick
Assistant Professor of English