Contact movie

From: Kate Williams (kwillia8@UOFT02.UTOLEDO.EDU)
Date: Mon Jul 14 1997 - 13:19:32 PDT

I saw the movie Contact recently and really enjoyed it: beautiful use of the
Very Large Array, good arguments for science against religion, nice "awe of
the universe." Am also reading "Hyperspace" so I learned what a wormhole
might really be and why scientists think the universe might be ten-dimensional.

Now Jodie Foster is not Octavia Butler... and the movie WAS made by the same
guy who manipulated theatregoers with Forrest Gump ... and it certainly was
scheduled right, coming alongside the Mars pictures... but what do folks
around FEMINISTSF think of the movie?

kate

---
Kate Williams
University of Toledo Community and Technical College
Project Coordinator, Toledo Technology Academy
kwillia8@uoft02.utoledo.edu
til late July: (419) 531-8340 x205, fax (419) 531-8412