Re: Mars/social justice

From: Neil Rest (NeilRest@TEZCAT.COM)
Date: Tue Jul 15 1997 - 11:22:46 PDT

CMUNSON <CMUNSON@AAAS.ORG> wrote:
>BTW, I think you all should become familiar with the controversy
>surrounding the upcoming Cassini Mission--if that fails lots of people
>could die.

Huh?

>While NASA's line in the budget may not look big, it benefits indirectly
>from the huge miltary/industrial complex.

Then why start by picking on NASA?

>All I am saying is follow the money trail. Space programs require heavy
>capital expenditures, which are only really possible in industrialized
>countries.

"follow the money" usually involves hard numbers. With all due respect,
all you provide is hand-waving.

>The space program may have developed velcro for those $150 Nikes, but it
>ain't providing housing for the homeless in my neighborhood.

Just about everyone knows that neither velcro nor idioticly priced gym
shoes have nothing to do with the space program. I, for one, find the low
quality of your bluster and rhetoric borders on insulting.

Neil Rest