Re: Librarians' salaries

From: Gabrielle Bate (BATE@MACC.WISC.EDU)
Date: Tue Jul 15 1997 - 16:31:00 PDT

>Also--all this talk about feminist sf in French (Canadian?) has gotten me
>thoroughly intrigued. I majored in French as an undergrad, and many years
>later my grasp of the language isn't so great anymore, but if some kind soul
>could give some recommendations of where to start & how to get it I'd love to
>try to read some.
>
>Nicole

As I've said before, I'm very fond of Elisabeth Vonarburg's work, especially
_Chroniques du pays des meres_. It's published by Quebec/Amerique. Also take
a look at www.alire.com. Alire is a new publisher in Quebec. And if you have
titles in mind there's Schoenhof's Foreign Books in Cambridge, MA
(www.schoenhofs.com). They don't have much sf at all, apparently it doesn't
sell, but they will special order. There's also a magazine called Solaris
that has a web page.

Gabby Bate
bate@facstaff.wisc.edu