Woman on the Edge of Time

From: Anne V Stuecker (avs5@JUNO.COM)
Date: Sat Jul 19 1997 - 14:27:12 PDT

>The idea that the "power" to conceive and bear children necessarily
creates an >imbalance between the sexes is not very convincing to me.

Janice -

If I'm remembering the book correctly, the purpose of the brooder was to
allow men and women to perform whatever tasks they chose without any
tasks being specifically applied to one sex.

I do agree, though, that

>It might have been more plausible to envision a society whose views on
>childbearing were radically transformed than to come up with a
technological fix

WotEoT was the first feminist SF book I ever read, however, so I have a
soft spot in my heart for it.

  -- Anne