Re: Outer Limits

From: Marcus (mwilker@UOGUELPH.CA)
Date: Wed Jul 23 1997 - 08:13:31 PDT

On Tue, 22 Jul 1997, MARINA YERESHENKO wrote:

> Did anyone see _The Outer Limits_ this weekend? It's about a female
> scientists who invents a time machine and uses it to go back to the past
> and kill convicted sexual criminals before they kill their first victim.
> Another woman, police officer, tracks her down just before the scientist
> goes back to kill the man that raped her as a teenager.
>
> If anyone seen it, please tell me what you think.
>
> Marina

I saw it a while ago. I can't remember the details too well. Weren't
there was some interesting complications around the final erasure of the
rape of the scientist who built the machine--maybe when that rape was
prevented she lacked the incentive to build it in the first place and the
causal chain erased the time machine itself from existence? What did this
do to the revenge killings that the time machine had already been used
for? And was there an issue of the different memories of the cop and the
scientist? Did the cop save the scientist from her life of revenge by
killing the scientist's rapist, have the police case against her disappear
and everything was left only in the memory of the cop? I would like to
discuss it, but you'll have to refresh my memory.

Marcus