Re: Gate to Women's Country (Spoiler) - Sherri Tepper (was Poppy Z. Brite)

From: Kim Selle (kimselle@loop.com)
Date: Sat Jul 26 1997 - 08:43:52 PDT

patricia johnston wrote:

> Hello,
> Seems to be a lot of yays/nays re Poppy`s writing. If someone has an e-mail
> address for her, perhaps she (Poppy) could join the list and join the
> discussion. Also has anyone read Gate To Women`s Country by Tepper, and
> what are your thoughts.
> Patricia.

Read it several years and continue telling people about that book. I
thought it was fascinating and thought-provoking, especially since it
was my first introduction to Tepper's personal philosophy about genetic
manipulation of the species to achieve a desired result. Would consider
re-visiting it if you'd like to engage in an in-depth discussion.

Kim