Re: So who is on this list?

From: F Mendlesohn (fm7@YORK.AC.UK)
Date: Mon Jul 28 1997 - 07:58:25 PDT

On Mon, 7 Jul 1997, Elizabeth Pandolfo wrote:

> My Ph.D work will focus on Celtic mythology and YA fantasy and SF, looking
> for a more feminist alternative to the heroic quest narrative structure in
> the mythology, and how that may be incorporated in contemporary British YA
> fantasy and SF novels, depending on the author's gender. I also research
> Japanese children's books dealing with WWII and the bombings, and
> children's hypermedia and theories of children and technology. If anyone's
> interested in these topics, I'd love to discuss them off-list.
>
> Elizabeth

Elizabeth, I tried to contact you off-list but the message bounced. I am
interested in YA sf novels. As a community they seem increasingly
negelected, perhaps because few of the big sf names seem to write them. It
seems to have become a separate genre altogether (please correct me if I'm
wromg).

The next issue of Foundation, by the way, is a special issue on children's
sf. Contact E.F.James@reading.ac.uk for orders,

Farah