Re: So who is on this list?

From: Amanda Clarke (Amanda_Clarke%STATISTICS_NZ@STATS.GOVT.NZ)
Date: Tue Jul 08 1997 - 06:31:16 PDT

Kate Bolin wrote:

> I am beginning to wonder what type of people sign up for this
> list...Do we have a lot of professors? College students? Random people?
> Writers? Computer geeks? Et cetera?

Random Person: I'm a statistician. I have degrees in statistics (surprisingly)
and resource management. I work for Statistics NZ (again, surprisingly) in the
Govt Sector division. I'm not a student, a college professor, nor do I write
sf. But I have enjoyed watching sf on tv. My earliest memories of TV programmes
were: Star Trek, Logan's Run, Dr Who, Space 1999, UFO etc. And I've also been
reading sf since I was young - picking up my sister's interest. Like a lot of
people I also read Asimov, Heinlein, Bradbury, Ursula Le Guin, Andre Norton &
others. But lamented the lack of good strong feminist characters. So, I welcome
the opportunity to discover women sf writers and feminist science fiction.

Has anybody read _The Net_ by Loren MacGregor?

Amanda