Re: Gate to Women's Country

From: Tim Capehart (tdcape0@POP.UKY.EDU)
Date: Mon Jul 28 1997 - 14:28:58 PDT

(Geek alert)

I'm new here. Gate to Women's Country is one of my favorite novels & Tepper (in
all of her guises) is my favorite author. I too would be glad to see her
discussed here. I recently finished her newest SF (Family Tree) and found it
lacking compared with previous novels. STILL I recommend it as a
bookseller/librarian. She is a world-builder who is not afraid to punch her
readers' buttons.

Tim Capehart & Scot Tannreuther
tdcape0@pop.uky.edu
dirknduck@uky.campus.mci.net
http://www.geocities.com/WestHollywood/7427

Read it several years and continue telling people about that book. I
thought it was fascinating and thought-provoking, especially since it
was my first introduction to Tepper's personal philosophy about genetic
manipulation of the species to achieve a desired result. Would consider
re-visiting it if you'd like to engage in an in-depth discussion.

Kim