Re: Tank Girl: was : Movies, Alien 4 / 5th Element

From: Nicole Youngman (NYOUNGMAN@aol.com)
Date: Tue Jul 29 1997 - 14:56:25 PDT

<< I really enjoyed Tank Girl, but in a world without water, isn't it
 wonderful how one can always find a make-up counter?

<Insert Very Big Chuckle here!>

I went to see 5th Element at the "cheap theater" the other day--y'know,
movies like that are depressing not just for the obvious sexism (apparently
if you're female you have to be almost totally passive and look like a rag
doll to save the Universe), but because they *could* have been so much
better. During the 1st half or so I thought it was promising; unfortunately
it degraded from there. I felt the same way about Stargate.

Nicole