Re: students and sexuality in feminist sf

From: Lisa Leedy (AlyClePal@aol.com)
Date: Wed Jul 30 1997 - 08:19:14 PDT

Hi, as a college student I'm very happy to hear such an attitude expressed.
 Feminism was a dirty word in my home town, never once mentioned at school,
so my female role models were usually all in books. Here at college (now
that I'm almost thru) we have finally obtained a minor in Womens
studies---this at a college were the public safety director says we don't
need more lighting because it would encourage young women to be out of their
dorms at night-apparently he felt we should stay indoors after dark. At any
rate, how does one begin to be familiar with the terminology and subjects
that are being applied to these discussions. I'm very familiar w/scifi, but
would like to find a source of info so I can fully participate in some of the
deeper disc. on this thread. Thanks , Lisa