Re: goddesses, Fifth Sacred Thing (Long reply to SC and Kate)

From: Nicole Youngman (NYOUNGMAN@aol.com)
Date: Fri Aug 01 1997 - 22:39:49 PDT

<< (as an aside, you might like to look at the various
 websites associated with Starhawk and see how pagan eco-feminists are
 committed to activism) >>

Could I persuade you to post some url's if you have them handy?

I thoroughly enjoyed 5th Sacred Thing but didn't enjoy Walking to Mercury as
much--perhaps because it was too focused on "inner journey" type stuff, or
perhaps because she got off on rants so often it got on my nerves. Every time
Maya had a fight with someone it sounded like a rehash of all the current
debates going on in Women's Studies departments (not that I didn't agree
wih\th her though! ;-)). In any case I do think it was worth reading and I'll
look forward to her next one. I'm also a big fan of Dreaming the Dark.

Nicole