Re: [*FSFFU*] finding out of print books (was: various catchup responses)

From: DAVID CHRISTENSON (LDQT79A@PRODIGY.COM)
Date: Tue Aug 19 1997 - 12:57:46 PDT

-- [ From: David Christenson * EMC.Ver #2.5.3 ] --

Ms. Elgin says:

> Second, about finding science fiction. I want to recommend amazon.com;
they're
> very good about finding books, even long-since out of print books.

I can also recommend www.interloc.com and www.bibliofind.com, both very
large databases of used, out of print and rare books. Anyone can search
these for free, and order via email to the dealers. (And if you buy via
these sources, you'd be patronizing independent booksellers.)

I'm a bookseller, but I'm not "on" bibliofind or interloc, so this is an
impartial endorsement.

(BTW, I ran a test search of bibliofind just now, and found all three of
Elgin's Native Tongue books listed, plus many other hard-to-find Elgin
titles such as Furthest, the Communipath books and Star-Anchored, Star-
Angered.)

--
David Christenson - ldqt79a@prodigy.com

"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft