Re: [*FSFFU*] finding out of print books (was: various catchup responses)

From: Holly Yasui (hollyy@SPRYNET.COM)
Date: Mon Aug 25 1997 - 19:17:38 PDT

To Keri, and others who are looking for used, out-of-print & rare books ...

Send me titles and the amount you are willing to pay, and I'll post your
requests on the FSF book exchange page. Pls. use my private e-mail,
hollyy@sprynet.com not the list, and put "book exchange" in the subject
line. I'll be updating next weekend (Aug. 31).

At 02:57 PM 8/19/97 -0500, you wrote:
>-- [ From: David Christenson * EMC.Ver #2.5.3 ] --
>I can also recommend www.interloc.com and www.bibliofind.com, both very
>large databases of used, out of print and rare books. Anyone can search
>these for free, and order via email to the dealers. (And if you buy via
>these sources, you'd be patronizing independent booksellers.)

Also another Internet (used, rare, antiquarian) book-finding resource
called Advanced Book exchange, at www.abebooks.com

>(BTW, I ran a test search of bibliofind just now, and found all three of
>Elgin's Native Tongue books listed, plus many other hard-to-find Elgin
>titles such as Furthest, the Communipath books and Star-Anchored, Star-
>Angered.)

I just bought the three Native Tongue books from the Canadian bookseller
listed in bibliofind, sorry! But I'll leave the request on the FSF
book-exchange page.