(no subject)

From: Kate Williams (kwillia8@UOFT02.UTOLEDO.EDU)
Date: Fri Aug 29 1997 - 08:30:42 PDT

hello everyone,

I am at a school that teaches high school students to design and build
robots along with the regular academics -- its a 2 and soon a 4 year program.

we are building a reading list for the students. what would you all
recommend? I especially want the books that give social critiques and search
for or present alternatives to today's applications of robotics (i.e.
eliminate jobs AND shut masses of people out of the economy and out of
society). I'm worried about extreme cynicism (like snow crash, although its
on my list cause its so technologically creative) and about books being too
dense for typical high school kids -- these kids are straight outta toledo
(ohio). like,

he she and it
parable of the sower
snow crash

is my list so far

thanks a lot

kate

---
Kate Williams
University of Toledo Community and Technical College
Project Coordinator, Toledo Technology Academy
kwillia8@uoft02.utoledo.edu
(419) 479-3161, fax (419) 479-3192