Re: [*FSFFU*] New Female Identities (was average heights of wome

From: Teragram (dropjohn@TOGETHER.NET)
Date: Wed Sep 10 1997 - 15:14:51 PDT

>But, I think, there are also more 'subtle' psychological aspects
>in that tallness is easier associated with leadership,
>aggressiveness, strength, etc. I wonder if it has to be like
>that. For example, if all leaders in our societies were older
>females, already a bit shrunk with age, would we associate
>leadership with smallness or better less with tallness or still
>better not with height at all. Or is it coded in our genes?

I would think that - at least to some extent - the perception of height as
power is rooted in early childhood.The first people we 'look up to' (in a
literal sense, at the very least) are our parents, the controllers of
destiny and masters of our small universes, our 'gods'.

As adults, having to literaly look up to another could reawaken (on a
subconcious level, natch) these feelings.