Re: [*FSFFU*] Average heights of women and men (not about sf and f)

From: Nalo Hopkinson (bl213@FREENET.TORONTO.ON.CA)
Date: Fri Sep 12 1997 - 08:13:18 PDT

On Fri, 12 Sep 1997, Tanya Wood wrote:

> How about a tag on the subject line, marking off less directly list
> relevant stuff out, so people can hit the delete key more easily, if
> digressions are annoying?

NH: Yeah, there's a thought. Listmistress, any rulings?

As to women athletes, I think it was my athlete brother who told me that
as it becomes more expected to have female high performance athletes and
women in general who exercise more, women athletes' records are getting
closer to the mens'. The variances we've talked about will probably
always be there, but they are less likely to be exaggerated by systemic
barriers that prevented women from getting physical.

-nalo

"There are two kinds of dates; the kind that you go out with, and the
small fruit that you eat."
                                -my aunt