Re: [*FSFFU*] height and gender bodies - Xena

From: Maryelizabeth Hart (mystgalaxy@AX.COM)
Date: Fri Sep 12 1997 - 12:19:02 PDT

>On Thu, 11 Sep 1997, Luz Guerra wrote:
><snip>
>

>> I find XENA entertaining on various levels, and I love the size
>> difference between the powerful (butch?) Xena and her diminuitive female
>> companion -- who Xena almost always defers to on matters of heart/spirit
>> (true power?).
>
>What do you think about Callisto? She seems a better warrior than
>Gabrielle, and a thinner/younger/more attractive woman than Xena. She's also
>evil. Sometimes I wonder if a young attractive blonde who fights better than
>men _could_ be cast as a good character (apart from the impression than the
>woman who plays Callisto is a way better actress than Lucy Lawless, with
>all due respect). Or is it imperative that a girl who's strong, smart, and
>beautiful, has to be a bitch?
>
>Marina

Marina:

Actually, I think that Callisto basically represents an un-reformed Xena.
She is just blonde for contrast. :) Remember, Xena started as an evil
character. Gabrielle was originally Xena's conscience, a la J. Cricket, and
not meant to have any fighting skills.

When they bring Callisto back in the next season, they better dump those
dumb green contacts she acquired when she became a goddess. I love her look
with blonde hair and brown eyes!

BTW, my son, almost 3, very into superheroes, occasionally pretends to be
Xena, complete with yiyiyiyiyiyiyi cry, but I have never seen him be
Hercules. :)

Maryelizabeth
Mysterious Galaxy 619-268-4747
3904 Convoy St, #107 800-811-4747