Re: [*FSFFU*] On Femininity and SF

From: Sean Johnston (sean-johnston@UIOWA.EDU)
Date: Wed Sep 17 1997 - 05:31:17 PDT

>I live in a country where there are orthodox Marxist male revolutionaries
>famous for beating their wives at home after crying "Freedom to the People
>of the World!" or "Forward For a Communist World!" in political meetings.
>
>EMRAH

Emrah,
        Well, I'm sure there are a few of those types of "people" in
America, too. I suspect they might be getting fewer as more women are
working out and getting able to kick their husbands' ass. :-)
        I gotta say, though, the stuff you talked about before, like the
average male muslim's attitude toward working women, the hostess incident,
these are pretty fu**ing horrific. I'm a little in shock.
        I know bad stuff goes on in the world, but it's so senseless
sometimes. Ugh.
-Sean