Re: [*FSFFU*] Are we talking about Feminist SF?

From: MaryKay Bird-Guilliams (marykbg@NETCONNECT.WICHITA.LIB.KS.US)
Date: Thu Sep 18 1997 - 10:43:12 PDT

My post of a couple of weeks ago may have been off subject slightly (re
the recent book by Deborah Blum "Sex on the Brain") but this extrapolation
based on the material in that book is not.
The underlying assumption that male is normal is carried out in much of
"classic" of science fiction literature and it is exactly that which
distinguishes it from feminist science fiction.
I don't, personally, have a problem with male perspective, per se, so much
as I object to the entire universe being codified according to male
standards.

Mary K. Bird-Guilliams marykbg@wichita.lib.ks.us
Reference Librarian
Wichita Public Library