Re: [*FSFFU*] off topic - wage gap

From: H. Tytel (lemur@U.WASHINGTON.EDU)
Date: Thu Sep 18 1997 - 15:27:04 PDT

On Thu, 18 Sep 1997, Sean Johnston wrote:

> Laura,
> Does the article say what they figure is going on? Some kind of
> backlash, perhaps?
>
> -Sean

I can't speak for Laura, but most of what I've seen suggests that this is
the result of gender segregation in college and other post-High school
education - most new high-paying jobs
are in high tech or related fields (such as graphic design, etc.). WOmen
tend to study humanities, and to come out with little computer
training, so we don't qualify for these jobs.