Re: [*FSFFU*] off topic - wage gap

From: Laura Quilter (lquilter@IGC.APC.ORG)
Date: Thu Sep 18 1997 - 20:08:57 PDT

my last posting on the topic (since it is somewhat off topic and i don't
want to violate rules i have to enforce for myself and others! (-8 )

i'll post the full article on my website at
        http://www.uic.edu/~lauramd/wagegap.html

without knowing the real details about the various statistics that go
into "wage gap" i think my impression has been that it was all
fully-employed women vs. all fully-employed men. does not count
part-time workers (of which there are more men). also i thought it
reflected all races, but that there are great differentials between
various ethnic groups. so that, for instance, there might be *less* of a
wage gap b/w white men & women and more of one b/w "hispanic" men &
women. i'll look on the Bureau of Labor Stats web page & see if I can
get more details to link from the wage gap page ...

peace.