Re: [*FSFFU*] Messiahs (was Wonder Woman)

From: Lesley Hall (Lesley_Hall@CLASSIC.MSN.COM)
Date: Wed Sep 24 1997 - 11:21:31 PDT

Sean,
Not perhaps a reply to your exact question, but Hilary Bailey's 'The
Adventures of Hannie Richards' has her bringing out from a war-zone in the
face of various opposing interests the new Messiah: who is African and female.
But I can't think of many messiah-novels in which the messiah is female (it's
only one story in the aforementioned), even by women (maybe Parable of the
Sower): perhaps messianism as such is not something women aspire to? or
actually find a rather dubious proposition. (Thinking of the forces male
messiahs unleash in fiction and fact)
Lesley
Lesley_Hall@classic.msn.com