Re: [*FSFFU*] Island, (Marta Randall): possible SPOILER

From: Lesley Hall (Lesley_Hall@CLASSIC.MSN.COM)
Date: Wed Sep 24 1997 - 11:27:06 PDT

Dear Patricia
It's years since I read this, but my take on it (must look at it again
sometime) was that by opting for technologically indefinitely extended life,
humanity had turned its back on the potential for a kind of spiritual
evolution, which was what the protagonist, who was allergic to the treatments,
achieved.
It's years since I saw anything by Randall: is she still writing SF? I did
come across a crime thriller written by her under another name
Lesley
Lesley_Hall@classic.msn.com