Re: [*FSFFU*] On Femininity and SF

From: Neil Rest (NeilRest@TEZCAT.COM)
Date: Thu Sep 25 1997 - 09:25:41 PDT

Pat <mathews@UNM.EDU> asked:
>Marina etc - when I was very young you could point out to a young thug
>that he wouldn't want his own sister treated that way. Is/was that an
>option where you came from?

A couple of years ago, there was a rumor (emphasis *RUMOR* -- I don't know
if anything was substantiated) that the Iraqi mational police had a special
"rape squad." The idea was that they'd rape a woman, and then she'd have
to be an informant for whatever they wanted, because if her family ever
found out she'd been raped, they'd immediately kill her to protect their
honor.

Does that address your question?

Neil Rest