Re: [*FSFFU*] Transition Series

From: Nicole Youngman (NYOUNGMAN@aol.com)
Date: Fri Sep 26 1997 - 11:38:32 PDT

<< Has anyone read Vonda McIntyre's Transition series? Or perhaps it's
 called the Starfarer series? I have just finished it and found it a very
 good read. Anyone interested in discussing it?

I LOVED these books, for more reasons than I can count at the moment!! ;-)

One thing that jumps to mind immediately is the way she portrayed the govt as
wanting to use scientific developments for military purposes. It was all too
easy to believe we could make 1st contact by setting off a nuclear explosion
in our hosts' "backyard". Oops!!

I also thoroughly enjoyed the way biology and technology were interlaced--the
spaceship having an ecosystem, the organic lungs and the divers, Arachne,
etc.

Nicole