Re: [*FSFFU*] Good news, realtime

From: Penelope Gibbs (PENEL@CALC.VET.UGA.EDU)
Date: Fri Sep 26 1997 - 14:26:35 PDT

> Pat <mathews@UNM.EDU> wrote:
> >According to a throwaway paper out of Phoenix, AZ, American women are
> >adopting the little Chinese girl babies who have been left to starve in
> >China's orphanages. The paper, THE ECHO, claims a lot of these women are
> >single women and Lesbian couples. Miraculously, the Chinese government is
> >permitting it instead of playing dog-in-the-manger or yowling about
> >furriners & preverts. This puts them several up on the late unlamented
> >Rumanian regime.
>
> More likely, they're just selling them to the rich, eccentric, barbarian
> American market. They sell organs from convicted criminals, too.
>

> Neil Rest

I have no documentation of the adoption policy of either the U.S. or
China; However, I am friends with a lesbian couple who
adopted two female infants from China. Other lesbians in our
community are also looking into this, and from what I understand the
wait is only 3 months to one year. Additionally, I know a
heterosexual married couple in Alabama who adopted a daughter from
China, and their wait was less than six months. I suspect there will
never be a shortage of abandoned female infants in China, I am
thrilled that these adoptions can actually take place.