Re: [*FSFFU*] The Power Question ( was Frank Herbert and gender issues)

From: Sean Johnston (sean-johnston@UIOWA.EDU)
Date: Fri Sep 26 1997 - 14:26:56 PDT

 These are still powerful
>women, but the origin of that power comes from men who are letting the
>women be powerful because it suits their fantasy life, not because it's
>what the women truly want. Feminist concepts of power are often very
>different from masculine conceptions of power.
> Erin

True. Unless it is what the women truly want, and I'm sure there are one
or two dominatrixes or nymphomaniacs who enjoy such power. It'd be a
turning of the power table, for once. I mustn't neglect to say that I
don't think there are very many such people, and that most of their
supposed population is made up in men's heads, but to say there are none, I
think, is to deny reality.

-Sean