Re: [*FSFFU*] Dune, Wonder Woman, et al...

From: Janice E. Dawley (jdawley@TOGETHER.NET)
Date: Fri Sep 26 1997 - 21:23:30 PDT

At 07:51 AM 9/25/97 -0500, Suzette Haden Elgin wrote, re: Dune:
>I would have thought that if there was sexism here it
>was in the form that I am so often accused of myself -- that of portraying
>the female characters as strong and capable and rational, and portraying
>all the men as weak and wicked and barely able to find the bathroom alone.

I'm curious, Suzette -- do you have a response to such accusations
regarding your own works? And if so, what is it?

-- Janice

-----
Janice E. Dawley.....Burlington, VT
http://homepages.together.net/~jdawley/jedhome.htm
Listening to: Radiohead, OK Computer; Tricky, Pre-Millennium Tension
"...the public and the private worlds are inseparably connected;
the tyrannies and servilities of the one are the tyrannies and
servilities of the other." Virginia Woolf, Three Guineas