Re: [*FSFFU*] all male societies

From: Janice E. Dawley (jdawley@TOGETHER.NET)
Date: Fri Sep 26 1997 - 21:33:40 PDT

At 09:44 PM 9/26/97 -0400, Rebecca DeMarco wrote:

> There is a pretty interesting story by Tiptree in which men throughout
>the US kill off women because aliens are somehow drugging them. I can't
>think of the name of the story off-hand. The aliens want to the kill off the
>human population. It is not a utopia (no where near it) but it does deal
>with the relationship between reproduction and population.

That would be "The Screwfly Solution", written under the name of Raccoona
Sheldon. A thoroughly chilling vision of gender war (though it didn't make
scientific sense unless you believe that humans give off and can detect
pheromones).

-- Janice

-----
Janice E. Dawley.....Burlington, VT
http://homepages.together.net/~jdawley/jedhome.htm
Listening to: Radiohead, OK Computer; Tricky, Pre-Millennium Tension
"...the public and the private worlds are inseparably connected;
the tyrannies and servilities of the one are the tyrannies and
servilities of the other." Virginia Woolf, Three Guineas