Re: [*FSFFU*] all male societies

From: Rebecca DeMarco (Beck10610@AOL.COM)
Date: Fri Sep 26 1997 - 18:44:41 PDT

 At 01:43 9/24/97 -0700, you wrote:
>>I am a frequent viewer of the list, but a rare contributor. I have a
>>student doing a project on science fiction who is examining alternate
>>forms of reproduction. We have several examples of all female societies
>>solving reproduction in interesting ways, but can uncover only one all
>>male society in utopian sf where reproduction is a major issue. This is
>>in the book _Ethan of Athos_ by Lois M. Bujold. Other suggestions of
>>books that we might consider would be welcome.
>>
>>Thanks in advance.
>>
>>Sandra Gilchrist
>>New College

      There is a pretty interesting story by Tiptree in which men throughout
the US kill off women because aliens are somehow drugging them. I can't
think of the name of the story off-hand. The aliens want to the kill off the
human population. It is not a utopia (no where near it) but it does deal
with the relationship between reproduction and population.