Re: [*FSFFU*] _Courtship Rite_

From: Stacey Holbrook (ausar@NETDOOR.COM)
Date: Sat Sep 27 1997 - 07:40:52 PDT

On Thu, 25 Sep 1997, Neil Rest wrote:

> Has anyone else read _Courtship Rite_ by Don Kingsbury? It had the sad
> distinction of being on the Hugo ballot against Asimov, Clarke and
> Bradbury, or some such combination.
>
> It has a wider array of "social strategies" than anything else I can think
> of: the society is made up of little craft-clans (for lack of a better word
> -- it's been a while since I read it), each competing in a kind of social
> ecology for a good niche. (There's lots more to the story, too!)

I liked *Courtship Rite*. It has one of the most unusual and interesting
societies I've ever read. I could believe that a society like that could
exist. The female characters were not mere props and were active
participants in their world. Thanks for reminding me of this book, I'm
going to read it again.

Stacey (ausar@netdoor.com)