Re: [*FSFFU*] Tolkien

From: Geoffrey D. Sperl (gamgee@GEOCITIES.COM)
Date: Tue Oct 14 1997 - 07:48:12 PDT

Yvonne Rowse wrote:

> I love the shire, i love the hobbits, particularly Sam, although I
> wish he were less subserviant ( was *he* gay do you think?), I like
> Faramir but the battles and high glory leave me bored to tears.

Excuse me, but Samwise was not gay...he does have a family back in the Shire
(only hobbit I can think of who's married). And I wouldn't go so far to call
him subservient...yes, he had a great loyalty to both Bilbo and Frodo, but
that's because they let him work at what he loved: the garden.

- Geoffrey