Re: [*FSFFU*] raising kids -- Marina and Stacey

From: Maryelizabeth Hart (mystgalaxy@AX.COM)
Date: Wed Oct 22 1997 - 08:41:19 PDT

Marina stated:

>Stacey,
>Your postings are just as full of assumptions as mine. My attitude is my
>attitude, and it in no way can interfere with what people want to do
>with their lives, unless they are insecure about their choice. There are
>lots's of people who think like me, there are lot's of people who
>think like you, that's the way world is. You cannot make them change
>their mind by telling them they don't know what they are talking about.
>Of course you can try if you want to.
>
>And disagreement is not an insult unless one believes they are never
>wrong.
>
>Marina

I think perhaps Laura should shut this down, unless someone can bring it
back to an SF related topic. The child empowerment thread seems to be doing
this.

Marina:
a point of netequitte -- opinions are prefaced by comments like "I think,"
or "IMHO," in my experience. Statements are not. Perhaps you will cause
less offense by keeping this in mind.

In any event, as someone who can not only choose her messages by subject
line (which it would be nice, IMO, if people were more careful about
changing when the subject changes -- the "Tolkien" to "5th Element" thread
comes to mind), but also by the sender's line, I will no longer be reading
messages from Marina.

Pax,

Maryelizabeth
Mysterious Galaxy 619-268-4747